- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE AS WELL:
- EASY CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish
- EASY HEARTY INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP
- EASY TARTER TOT CASSEROLE
- EASY, HEARTY BEEF AND GNOCCHI SOUP
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless chuck roast, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup pearl barley (or hulled barley)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
- MAKE SURE TO CHECKOUT THESE AS WELL:
- CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- EASY AND DELICIOUS BROWN SUGAR BAKED CARROTS
- THE BEST CORNBREAD FROM SCRATCH!
1 ) Heat up a large pot on high heat. Add the olive oil and beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the liquids evaporate and the beef starts to brown.
2 )Reduce heat to medium and add onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the tomato paste, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix everything well. Add the barley and beef (or chicken) broth.
3 )Reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the beef is very tender, for about 1 1/2 hours. Note: add extra broth if you’d like to thin out the soup a bit more.
YOU CAN ALSO ENJOY THIS AMAZING BREAKFAST OR DINNER SOLVING JAPANESE PANCAKES!
Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6890IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 4mg