This lightened-up creamy chicken noodle soup has only 200 calories per serving. The potato adds heartiness to the soup and, as it cooks, makes the soup even creamier. Don’t leave it out!
- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE AS WELL:
- EASY AND DELICIOUS BROWN SUGAR BAKED CARROTS
- THE BEST CORNBREAD FROM SCRATCH!
- EASY Whack GREEN BEANS RECIPE
- Garlic Herb Butter Thanksgiving Turkey
- Mama’s Chicken Roll-Ups | Mouth Watering Rolls
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion (1/2 of a medium onion)
- 1 cup sliced carrots (1 and 1/2 large carrots)
- 1 cup sliced celery (2–3 stalks)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced (around 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half or whole milk
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- CHECK OUT THESE FOR MORE EASY PEASY RECIPES:
- Slow Cooker Steak Soup
- EASY INSTANT POT NAVY BEAN SOUP RECIPE
- Toll House Famous Fudge
- Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta
1 ) Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large pot or dutch oven (4 quart or larger). Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté for around 7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Add flour, oregano, pepper, thyme, and salt. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
2 ) Next, add the broth and potato. Give everything a quick stir, then increase the heat to medium-high. Bring the soup to a boil, without stirring, and boil for 3 minutes.
3 ) Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover the pot, and allow to simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes have softened. Taste the soup. Does it need more seasoning like salt, pepper, etc? Add some. Add the chicken, milk/half-and-half, and noodles.
4 ) Cook for 10 minutes until the noodles are tender and the soup has thickened. Once again, taste the soup and add more seasoning as desired. Serve the soup warm.
5 ) Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
6 ) To reheat, simply pour into a pot over medium heat and cook until warm. Feel free to add more chicken broth to the leftovers if it’s too thick– I always do. (Soup thickens in the refrigerator as the noodles and potatoes soak up the liquid.)
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
Instructions For Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup:
1 ) Prepare the soup through step 1 on the stovetop.
2 ) Transfer to a slow cooker and continue with step 2.
3 ) Allow to cook for 2 hours on low, then add the chicken, half-and-half, and noodles. Cook on low for 1-2 more hours.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze soup for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator the day before eating, then reheat on the stove until warm.
- More Recipes:
- How To Make Pecan Praline Cake
- How To Make The Japanese pancake Easy Steps.
- Easy And Delicious Glazed Carrots Recipe
Chicken: I recommend using rotisserie chicken. Pick up a small rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, shred it – both white and dark meat – and use in the soup. Or you can roast some chicken breasts yourself. Rub with a little minced garlic and rosemary, roast in the oven under tender, then shred it. You can also boil 2 large chicken breasts until cooked through, then shred and use in this recipe.
Half-and-Half: The 200 calorie count is using fat free half-and-half. Feel free to use regular half-and-half, milk, or 1/2 cup of heavy cream. If using 1/2 cup of heavy cream, add another 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the recipe.
Noodles: Any shape noodle works here! I prefer wide egg noodles in chicken soup.
- You may be interested in these as well:
- Cheese Cake Easy Recipe | Cheesecake Bites
- how to make a vanilla cake from scratch
- How To Make A New York Cheesecake Recipe With Heavy Cream