Old Fashioned Goulash is a complete one-pot meal that is ready in just 45 minutes! This classic American comfort food is made with ground beef and pasta in a flavorful tomato-based stew. This one pot meal is a family favorite requires a few fresh ingredients, a few pantry staples, cook it all up in one pot and your family will be ready to eat.
- MORE RECIPES
- EASY GRAPY JUICE CHICKEN
- ITALIAN THREE LAYERS CREAM CAKE
- TWO-INGREDIENTS FUDGE
- CLASSIC LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
- STUFFED BELL PEPPER
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup beef broth
- Two 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- Two 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 ) In a Dutch oven, saute the ground beef over medium-high heat, until
no pink remains. Break up meat while sauteing; spoon off any grease.
2 ) Add the onions to the pot and saute until they are tender about 5
minutes. Add 2 cups water and one cup beef broth, along with the
tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce and
seasonings. Stir well. Place a lid on the pot and allow this to cook for
20 to 25 minutes.
3 ) Add the elbow macaroni, stir well, return the lid to the pot and simmer
until pasta is al dente, about 4-5 minutes. Pasta will cook a bit more
when you remove from heat. IMPORTANT: be careful not to cook your
pasta too long, mushy goulash is not good!
4 ) Remove from heat, remove the bay leaves. Serve warm and top with
shredded cheddar cheese.
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan