The key to getting slightly crispy chicken in this Crock pot Cashew Chicken is actually coating it in a mixture of cornstarch and black pepper and then quickly browning it in a skillet before adding it to your slow cooker. But if this defeats the whole purpose of using a slow cooker for you, and don’t want to dirty another pan, just skip this step.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless skinless, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 c flour all-purpose
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 c low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 1/4 c ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews UNSALTED
- Here are a few products that I LOVE TO RECOMMEND YOU:
- >>Staub Cast Iron Skillet
- >>Utopia Kitchen Cooking Knives
- >>20pc Stainless Steel BBQ Grill Tool Set
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
1 ) Combine flour and pepper in a resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
2 ) Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
3 ) Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
4 ) Cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours. Add cashews and stir.