This Italian Sausage Soup is a 30-minute soup recipe with whole-wheat orzo, Italian sausage, tomatoes, and pantry seasonings. I love how simple, easy, hearty and delicious is to make this soup, and I want you to enjoy me this feeling.
- MORE QUICK WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
- HEARTY BEEF BARLEY SOUP
- EASY CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish
- EASY HEARTY INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP
- EASY TARTER TOT CASSEROLE
- 1/2 lb. Italian Pork Sausage or turkey sausage
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Orzo Pasta or classic semolina orzo
- 6 cups Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 28-oz can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes keep juice
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
1 ) Place the stainless insert in the Instant Pot and press the “Saute” button. When the surface is hot, add sausage to the pot, separating into pieces; brown the sausage, stirring as needed.
NOTE: you shouldn’t need to add any oil because the sausage likely has enough fat, but if you do, add only a few drops of OLIVE OIL at a time.
2 ) When the sausage has browned, remove it from the Instant Pot and transfer it to a paper-towel-lined plate; set aside. Carefully remove the instant pot liner from the Instant Pot and pour the sausage grease into a heat-safe container to dispose of later.
3 ) Continue using the saute function on the Instant Pot. (Add a few drops of OLIVE OIL if needed). Add ONION, CELERY, and GARLIC and saute until tender, stirring as needed (about 3 minutes).
4 ) Press CANCEL on the Instant Pot. Add DRY ORZO, CHICKEN BROTH, DICED TOMATOES with their juice, ITALIAN SEASONING; SALT, PEPPER, and BROWNED SAUSAGE. Close and lock the lid, turn the steam release knob to “sealed” position; set Instant Pot to Manual +3 minutes (for whole wheat orzo) or +2 minutes for semolina orzo.
5 ) When the pressure cook cycle is complete, press CANCEL on the Instant Pot. Carefully turn the steam release knob and release steam to fully depressurize cooker (takes 2-4 minutes). Serve warm.