One of the keys to the best custard filling cream puffs is low heat. It usually takes at least 20 to 25 minutes for the pastry cream to thicken. If you increase the cooking temperature to try to speed the process along, the mixture is likely to curdle.
Rule number two for a best custard filling cream puffs, is a heavy saucepan, constant stirring and patience are the keys to making the perfect vanilla pastry cream filling.
Rule number three: Stirring constantly, making sure to cover the entire bottom and the corners of the pan, prevents scorching and ensures that the mixture heats evenly.
- For the pastry
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached AP flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups water
- 9 1/2 tbsp butter
- 6 large eggs
- For the custard
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rum
- See also:
- Fahrenheit To Celsius Conversion
- 70 Fahrenheit To Celsius
- Easy Chocolate Cake The Easiest cake Ever
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
GO TO NEXT PAGE TO SEE THE DIRECTIONS!