Easy, tasty, delicious Italian Style Braised Beef: My favourite cut of beef is without a doubt blade roast! I love working with blade roast, simply because it is such a wonderful meat to slowly braise in the oven. The meat is always tender and melts in your mouth!
- You may also be interested in these:
- No Bake Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Pie
- SLOW COOKER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN AND VEGGIES
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- 1 beef blade roast
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- 1 can of whole Italian tomatoes ( 28 oz)
- 1/2 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of red wine ( if you don’t want to use red wine use 1 cup of beef broth in total)
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp of dry parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
Free Shipping on all Erommy Outdoor Orders!
Shop Best-Selling Erommy Hardtop Gazebos!
Shop Backyard Patio Heaters at Erommy Outdoors
- SEE ALSO:
- Easy Stuffed Cheesecake Apples
- SLOW COOKER LENTIL SOUP
- Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
1 ) In a large dutch oven, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil.
2 ) Salt and pepper the meat on both sides.
3 ) On high heat, sear the beef on each side, about 5 minutes or until you get a nice caramelization on the meat, then set aside.
4 ) In the dutch oven add in the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
5 ) Add in the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
6 ) Add in the beef broth, red wine, Italian whole tomatoes, bay leaf, parsley and the basil leaves.
7 ) Now you put the meat back into the dutch oven.
8 ) Salt and pepper to taste.
9 ) Put the cover on the dutch oven and braise in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 3 hours.