CREOLE WHITE BEANS SHRIMP AND SMOKED SAUSAGE – Never had shrimp with white beans before, but after I did that – I’m like, hey stay there I’m coming back soon! lol. This was so delicious and warm.
- 1 lb. dried Great Northern Beans
- 1 lb. fresh Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced Garlic
- 1 cup diced Celery
- 1/2 cup Bacon Drippings
- 2 cups diced Onions
- 1/2 cup diced Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Peppers
- 1 cup sliced Green Onions, divided
- 2 – 2½ quarts Shellfish Stock or Water
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup diced Smoked Ham
- 1 cup sliced Smoked Sausage
- Granulated Garlic, to taste
Don’t want to go shopping? You can get Get FREE grocery delivery and more with a Prime membership! That means no fees! Order from your favorite stores and have them delivered to your door! This is the ONLY way I stay sane over here!
- MORE RECIPES:
- Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie
- EASY PENUCHE FUDGE WITH WALNUTS OR PECANS
- SOUTHERN SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS RECIPE
1 ) Soak beans in cold water for 24 hours. Drain beans and rinse in cold water. Drain and set aside.
2 ) In a 4-quart stockpot, melt bacon drippings over medium-high heat. Add onion, ham, celery, bell peppers, garlic, and 1/2 cup green onions; cook until vegetables are softened, 5 – 10 minutes. Stir in sausage and beans. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
3 ) Pour in enough stock or water to cover the mixture by 2 inches. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender, about 1 hour. Stir occasionally as beans will settle to the bottom of the pot as they cook.
- Here are a few products that I LOVE TO RECOMMEND YOU:
- >>Staub Cast Iron Skillet
- >>Utopia Kitchen Cooking Knives
- >>20pc Stainless Steel BBQ Grill Tool Set
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
4 ) Stir in parsley and remaining 1/2 cup green onion. Season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic (if desired).
5 ) Using the back of a spoon, mash about 1/3 of the beans against the side of the pot. (This will create a creamy texture). Add the shrimp, stirring to combine, and cook until shrimp are pink and firm about 5 minutes.
6 ) Serve over hot cooked rice.