These Smothered Pork Chops Recipe will become a go-to dinner night pork classic. Heavy cream, flour, garlic, and more combine together to form a flavorful gravy.
Add the seasoned and cooked pork to obtain the perfect Southern meal. Smothered pork chops are thick, 1-inch, bone-in pork loin chops that are seasoned with salt and pepper, seared then braised in a chicken broth and cream sauce loaded with caramelized onions.
- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE AS WELL:
- BAKED GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- THE BEST CROCK POT CHICKEN EVER
- CROCK POT CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP
- SLOW COOKER CHILI MAC
- Creamy Bacon Mushroom Thyme Chicken
Smothered Pork Chops are tender braised pork chops served with a creamy, seasoned, onion gravy make this homemade pork chop recipe worthy of a Sunday dinner.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1″ inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
PLEASE GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!