Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe is a deliciously simple main meal. Succulent beef pieces are slow-cooked with potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, and tomato to create a filling, satisfying stew. Perfect for easy weeknight meals or a lazy weekend lunch. Serve with rice, pasta or just by itself with some crusty bread – give it a go today!
- Check out these amazing recipes:
- Easy Chocolate MULTI Layer Cake
- How To Make Pecan Praline Cake
- Fried Potatoes And Onions Recipe
- 4 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Crusty bread (optional)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb cubed beef stew meat (1 1/4″)
- 1 med onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz beer (pale lager)
- 3 1/2 c beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 8 new potatoes (1 1/2″-2″ diameter), quartered
- You may also be interested in these:
- The Best Deep Fried Corn On The Cob
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 vs Samsung Galaxy Fit Real Comparison
- Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken
Beef Stew Recipe Instructions:
1 ) Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Season beef. Working in 2 batches, brown meat on all sides, 6 minutes. Remove to plate.
2 ) Add onion to the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
3 ) Pour in beer. Add broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, sugar, paprika, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and pepper to taste.
4 ) Return beef to pot. Simmer until meat is tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5 ) Stir in potatoes and carrots. Simmer until vegetables are tender and meat is very tender, 30 to 40 minutes longer.
6 ) Remove 1 cup of liquid from pot and slowly whisk in flour. Stir back into the pot and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, 10 minutes. Season. Sprinkle with parsley (if using). Serve with bread, if desired.