Looking for how to make a homemade version of KFC, look no further than this famous fried chicken secret recipe is here!
- MORE CROCK POT RECIPES:
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Crockpot Olive Garden Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon ground thyme
- ½ tablespoon basil
- ⅓ tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- 4 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon Accent flavor enhancer (MSG) optional
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk
- vegetable oil for frying
- See More…
- How To Make The Best Kentucky Biscuits
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle
1 ) Cut the chicken into the breast, thigh, leg, and wing pieces.
2 ) In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour and all of the seasonings.
3 ) In a large bowl, add buttermilk and beaten egg. Stir or whisk to combine, and add the chicken pieces to the mixture and Soak them for about 30 minutes.
4 ) Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
5 ) To bread, the chicken, remove the chicken from the buttermilk and shake off excess.
6 ) Place each piece into the flour mixture, coat it thoroughly, and then shake off the excess flour.
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
7 ) Place the chicken onto the wire rack.
8 ) Bread all of the chicken. The breaded chicken should rest for about 15 minutes before frying.
9 ) Heat oil to 350 degrees in a deep fryer. If you do not have a deep fryer you should use a
10 ) Dutch oven and fill it half full of vegetable shortening. Using a Dutch oven, use a thermometer to ensure the temperature is maintained at 350 degrees. If the temperature drops too low, the breading will become greasy.
11 ) Cook the chicken in 2 or 3 batches. The breasts and thighs will take about 15 to 18 minutes to cook. The wings and legs will take about 12 to 13 minutes to cook.
12 ) Drain the fried chicken on a clean wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- You may also be interested in these:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Gravy Recipe
- SLOW COOKER ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
- Crock-Pot Sweet Sloppy Joes Recipe