Make this slow cooker rotisserie chicken for the most succulent and juicy chicken you have ever had! Next time you’re at the grocery store, pass up the rotisserie chicken sitting under a heat lamp all day. Instead, make this slow cooker rotisserie chicken for the most succulent and juicy chicken you have ever had!
Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends, and also follow us on facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Yummy Recipes.
- YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN THESE AS WELL:
- Crock-Pot Sweet Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Spaghetti Squash Chow Mein
- Sloppy Joe Casserole Recipe
- Old Fashioned Salmon Patties
- Instant Pot Italian Chicken
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 pounds baby yukon gold potatoes
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- 1 whole chicken, about 5 to 6 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced lengthwise
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
1 ) In a small bowl, stir together the salt, thyme, paprika, onion powder, and rosemary until combined. Set aside.
2 ) Empty the chicken cavity (typically, there’s a neck, heart, and liver) and trim any excess skin. Wash the inside of the chicken under cold, running water.
3 ) On a sheet pan or large cutting board, sprinkle the spice mix on the chicken and use clean hands to spread and coat the entire chicken with the spices. Fill the chicken cavity with half of the garlic cloves from the head of garlic and the fresh thyme. With the breast side up, tuck the wings under.
4 ) Add the potatoes to the slow cooker in one layer. Add the carrots, filling in the spaces between the potatoes. Add the remaining garlic cloves.
5 ) Place the prepared chicken over the potatoes, breast side up, and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F.
6 ) Transfer the chicken to a an oven-safe rack set over a sheet pan and remove the garlic and thyme sprigs from the cavity and place back in the slow cooker. Place chicken under the broiler until the skin is crisped and slightly darkened. Watch carefully because it will darken quickly! Pour any collected juices in the pan back into the slow cooker. Serve chicken with the cooked potatoes and carrots. Use the accumulated juices as a light sauce for the chicken and vegetables.
- MORE CROCK POT RECIPES:
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Crockpot Olive Garden Chicken Recipe