This Crockpot Chicken and Rice is a hearty one-pot meal made in a slow cooker. Italian marinated chicken breasts are cooked with a flavorful rice pilaf that’s rich and filling. It’s guaranteed to become a family favorite you can enjoy any night of the week.
- More Amazing Recipes:
- 14 Easy Crock Pot Recipes That May Change Your Cooking Schedule
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken
- Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Lasagna
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup prepared Italian dressing
- olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 8 oz container sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 rib celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth plus additional as needed
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence OR dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper divided
- 1/2 tsp dry tarragon
- 1 Tbsp butter cubed
- 4 oz onion and chive cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided. (OR use your favorite)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh chives for garnishing optional
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
- Kitchen Gadgets Reviews:
- Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
- Best air fryers To Buy
- Best Espresso Machines
- GoWISE Air Fryer How To Use And Review
1 ) Place chicken into a gallon-size plastic storage bag. Pour Italian dressing on top. Seal and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
2 ) To assemble: In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute onion, celery, and mushrooms in a couple drizzles of olive oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes until softened. Add garlic, saute for 1 minute longer. Add chicken broth, scraping browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat.
3 ) Spray bottom and sides of 6-quart slow cooker or similar, with cooking spray. Pour vegetables and broth into the bottom of the slow cooker. Add rice, herbs de provence, garlic salt, 1/2 tsp lemon pepper, and tarragon. Mix well.
4 ) Remove chicken from marinade and arrange over rice. Sprinkle with remaining lemon pepper and dot with 1 Tbsp butter. Discard marinade.
5 ) Cover tightly and cook on High for 3-4 hours or on Low for 6-8 hours. Adjust times based on your individual appliance.
6 ) Remove cooked chicken to a platter. To the rice add cream cheese, 1/2 shredded cheese, peas, and Parmesan cheese stirring through the rice until melted and combined.
7 ) Add additional chicken stock to moisten as needed. Place chicken on top of rice, sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese. Cover and keep warm until cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh chives before serving, if desired.
Notes: At the end of cooking, after mixing in cream cheese and other ingredients, you may add additional chicken broth in small amounts if needed, to moisten.