Eggplant Involtini – Roasted sliced eggplant rolled around a ricotta filling with lemon honey and breadcrumbs and baked in pasta sauce. This is an Italian dish that consists of a filling (often cheese) that is rolled up in some type of outer layer (beef, chicken, vegetables, etc.).
This eggplant involtini recipe has a filling of ricotta, breadcrumbs, lemon, and honey. The outer layer is roasted eggplant slices. The involtini gets nestled in a bed of marinara sauce and baked.
- You may also be interested in these:
- How To Make Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
- EASY Crockpot Gumbo Recipe
- BBQ Cajun Shrimp
- 2 medium eggplants
- ¼ – ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 cups prepared marinara, or any traditional pasta sauce
- Optional: grated parmesan for topping
GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan