BBQ Cajun Shrimp is a New Orleans favorite made with butter, lemon, tomatoes, and spices for the perfect messy delicious shrimp dish you’ll crave all summer long!
We love easy shrimp recipes like Kung Pao Shrimp, Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp, and Spicy Louisiana Shrimp Dip. This bbq cajun shrimp recipe is easy with minimal prep and the cooking time is about 5 minutes. … This bbq cajun shrimp recipe is easy to prep and quick to cook.
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- French bread for dipping
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning (I used Tony Chachere)
- 2 teaspoons Crystals Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- SEE ALSO:
- How To Make A Chocolate Cake recipes from scratch
- How To Make an easy and Quick pizza house
- Best air fryers To Buy
1 ) Peel the shrimp, leaving only their tails attached.
2 ) In a large skillet combine Worcestershire, lemon juice, black peppers, Creole seasoning, hot sauce, and garlic and cook over moderately high heat, when hot add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side.
3 ) Reduce heat to simmer and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted.
4 ) Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour the sauce over top and garnish with parsley. Serve with French bread for dipping.
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
If you have trouble finding jumbo shrimp, feel free to use large shrimp. Just be sure to use a full pound, or you will need to make adjustments to all of the other ingredients.
Leaving the tails on your shrimp will also add more flavor, and it just makes everything look prettier.
Most Creole seasonings that are available at the grocery store contain a LOT of salt. This is why you need to use unsalted butter when making this dish.
Although you can use frozen shrimp to make this New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp, fresh shrimp, if you can find them, will bring even more flavor to the party.