These watermelon pickles are made using the white part of the watermelon’s rind. It is delicious by itself as a winter treat or as a condiment with turnip greens or turkey and cornbread dressing. Home canning is a delightful cooking experience.
- 1/4 of a Watermelon worth of rinds, chopped into 1″ pieces (a little fruit can be left on the rind)
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/4c White Sugar
- 2 tbsp Salt
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
1 ) Bring everything but the rinds to a boil, stirring every couple of minutes. Once the mixture is boiling, add the rind and boil for about 5 minutes, just to soften it up a little.
2 ) Take off the eye and cool to room temperature. Put in an air-tight container and refrigerate for 24 hours before eating.
3 ) Will keep for up to 2 weeks after making these.
4 ) Enjoy this awesome summer treat!