This Beefy Tomato Soup is one of our most popular soup recipes! It’s not only super delicious, but it’s an easy soup recipe that can be made on busy nights!
- check out these delicious recipes as well:
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken and Creamy Mozzarella Sauce
- Thai Curry Vegetable Soup
- Farfalle Pasta with Spinach Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
- Traditional And Tasty Moroccan Slow Cooked Lamb
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (23.5) oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni or short-tubed pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil, divided
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
Instructions For Beefy Tomato Soup:
1 ) In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2 ) Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until the onion softens.
3 ) Add the ground beef to the onions, breaking up with a spoon and cook until no longer pink.
4 ) Next add the salt, pepper and oregano to the beef and stir to combine.
5 ) Now pour in the chicken stock and the pasta sauce, stir and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
6 ) Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth then add 1/2 of the fresh basil.
Pour in the pasta, stir and let cook for 10 minutes, covered, stirring halfway through cooking.
7 ) Spoon into bowls and garnish with the leftover basil.
Notes: Your favorite spaghetti sauce can be substituted, or even a can of crushed tomatoes with a little more seasoning works!
*NOTE – A few of our readers have commented that the noodles soak up all the broth when you reheat the next day…Now some readers (including me) love this about this soup and some don’t. If you want the soup for leftovers with more broth, cook the pasta separately and then add it to each bowl as you heat it up!