For the best Southern Sweet Potato Pie, I bake my potatoes because they are sweeter, better consistency and there’s no water in the potato from boiling. Mom Never Mixed Anything when making these pies she always instructed me to taste until I was satisfied with it.
- 9- inch pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 1.5 lbs sweet potato about 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- MORE RECIPES
- EASY GRAPY JUICE CHICKEN
- ITALIAN THREE LAYERS CREAM CAKE
- ITALIAN MARINATED TOMATO SALAD
- EASY CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD
Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes:
Air fryer – 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes.
Oven – 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes.
1 ) Microwave – prick potatoes all over, microwave for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2 ) Mash sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth and combined. Pour in prepared pie pan.
3 ) Bake for 40-45 minutes until pie is set in the middle. Remove and allow to cool for at least 1 hour.
- SHOP ON AMAZON:
- ==> All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
Sweet Potato Pie is best when it has cooled, so wait to serve it.
The best sweet potato pie is made at least a day ahead and chilled. Remove from the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
Don’t boil the sweet potatoes or they will take on too much liquid and the filling will be soggy.