This all-occasion Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole compliments a variety of entrees. It’s made entirely in a slow cooker, and packed with flavor. After mashing, the top is sprinkled with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and a dollop of sour cream. A light sprinkling of green onion finishes off this impressive dish perfect for busy oven days or hectic holiday meals.
- You may also be interested in these:
- Easy Cheesy Slow Cooker Grits
- Pumpkin Cream Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- 5 lb Yukon Gold or Red Potatoes stems, blemishes removed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 8-oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 1 8-oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 0.4-oz package dry Buttermilk Ranch Dressing mix
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion plus 2 Tbsp for garnishing
1 ) Place unpeeled whole potatoes in a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour chicken broth on top.
2 ) Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until fork-tender. (Tip: Cut any larger potatoes in half so they’re all similar size)
3 ) Do not drain. Using an electric hand mixer or a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the broth until chunky smooth. (Use a mixer for a smoother texture and a potato masher for a chunky texture.)
4 ) Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, Ranch dressing mix, and black pepper to taste. Whip until fully incorporated.
5 ) Add 1 cup cheese, bacon and green onion. reserving 2 Tbsp each crumbled bacon and onion to garnish the top. Mix well.
6 ) Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese. Garnish with bacon and onion. Keep warm until serving.
1 ) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 ) Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3 ) Dice potatoes into equal size pieces. Cook in a large pot filled with salted water for 15-20 minutes or until fork-tender.
4 ) Drain well. Transfer to mixing bowl then proceed with recipe from Step 3. Spread in a baking dish, dot the top with butter. Bake for 40-45 minutes until heated through and the top is golden. Garnish with bacon and green onion before serving.