Pumpkin Cream Pie With Bourbon Whipped Cream – Traditional pumpkin pie tends to evoke a strong love or hate response from people. Perhaps it’s because the traditional pie leaves dessert lovers a bit disappointed in taste and texture.
This pumpkin cream pie has a palate-pleasing creamy texture and just enough Kentucky bourbon to kick up the flavor of the filling and whipped cream.
- Other recipes to make:
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Shrimp
- How To Make Italian Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- For the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp bourbon plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract or 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1  oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 deep dish refrigerated or homemade 9″pie crust
- For the whipped cream:
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp bourbon or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice for dusting
- Check out more amazing recipes here:
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
- Cajun Shrimp Scampi
- Banana Bread Brownies
1 ) Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with 2
2 ) Tbsp bourbon and 1 tsp pure vanilla or 2 tsp pure vanilla until light and fluffy. Around 2-3 minutes.
3 ) Add the pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup heavy cream, light brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whip until fully combined.
4 ) Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
5 ) Fit the pie crust into a 9″ deep dish baking dish. Pour the filling into the crust.
6 ) Place into the preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken.
7 ) Cool completely on a wire rack.
How to make the whipped cream:
1 ) Whip 2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp bourbon or 1 tsp pure vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
2 ) Spread onto the cooled pie. Dust the top with additional pumpkin pie spice.