Pasta e fagioli (or pasta fazool) is a traditional Italian dish made with pasta and beans, perfect for cold nights.
- How To Make Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Two Easy Ways To Make Loaded Deviled Eggs
- Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 19 ounces red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 19 ounces white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato sauce or crushed canned tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1.5 cups of ditalini or ditalini pasta
1 ) Add onion, carrot, and celery to a deep pan or saucepan with a tablespoon or two of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
2 ) Pour in the wine and continue sautéing until the wine is mostly absorbed by the vegetables. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
3 ) Add all remaining ingredients except noodles, mix well and cook with the lid open for about 20 minutes. Then add the pasta, mix and continue cooking with the lid closed, but beating lightly for another 10 minutes until al dente. Do not overcook.
4 ) Remove and discard the bay leaves. Then serve and enjoy!
- And while you’re here, make sure to check these as well:
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice
INSTANT POT RECİPE
1 ) Set your pan to sauté and add the onion, carrot, and celery with a tablespoon or two of water. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
2 ) Then add the wine and continue sautéing until the wine is mostly absorbed by the vegetables. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
3 ) Add all remaining ingredients and an extra 1 cup of water (7 cups total instead of 6) and mix well. Close the lid by moving the valve to the sealing position. Set the pot to high pressure for 4 minutes (it takes about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure) and let it go when done.
4 ) Remove the lid as soon as possible to prevent the noodles from overcooking. Discard the bay leaves and serve.