Shepherd’s pie with ground beef is one of my favorite comfort foods, and it’s nice and chilly outside. It’s a delicious casserole traditionally made with ground lamb. Many people make this recipe with ground beef however, if you use ground beef it’s actually called Cottage Pie! Either way, it’s a delicious crustless meat pie topped with mashed potato. The recipe can vary widely, but it is usually made with minced meat, cooked with onions, peas, celery, corn or carrots in a gravy.
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz frozen peas and carrots defrosted
- 10.5 oz can corn drained
- 10 oz can tomato soup or mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- SEE ALSO:
- How To Make Pecan Praline Cake
- How to Cook Any Steak Perfectly
- Cheese And Garlic Crack Bread
1 ) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2 ) Cook lamb or beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
3 ) Stir in soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, basil and pepper. Spread into the bottom of a 2 qt casserole dish. Sprinkle with peas, carrots and corn.
4 ) Spoon mashed potatoes overtop and top with cheese.
5 ) Baked 25-30 minutes or until bubby.
- PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND:
- => All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- => AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- => Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan