Shepherd’s pie with ground beef is one of my favorite comfort foods, and it’s nice and chilly outside. It’s a delicious casserole traditionally made with ground lamb.
Many people make this recipe with ground beef, however, if you use ground beef it’s actually called Cottage Pie! Either way, it’s a delicious crustless meat pie topped with mashed potatoes. The recipe can vary widely, but it is usually made with minced meat, cooked with onions, peas, celery, corn or carrots in gravy.
And while you’re interested in this shepherd’s pie with ground beef, you might also be interested in this EASY TARTER TOT CASSEROLE as well. They have the same level grades of flavor, or maybe this has more flavors than shepherd’s pie with ground beef.
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz frozen peas and carrots defrosted
- 10.5 oz can corn drained
- 10 oz can tomato soup or mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE AS WELL:
- EASY TARTER TOT CASSEROLE
- EASY, HEARTY BEEF AND GNOCCHI SOUP
- CREAMY CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- EASY AND DELICIOUS BROWN SUGAR BAKED CARROTS
- THE BEST CORNBREAD FROM SCRATCH!
PLEASE GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!