Mac & cheese egg rolls: I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love egg rolls. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love mac and cheese. Combining the two puts this recipe out of bounds!
- NEED A PAN IN YOUR KITCHEN? CHECK OUT THESE!
- => All-Clad Hard-Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- => AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- => Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
- 1 box mac and cheese, plus ingredients called for on box1 c.
- shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Buffalo sauce, for serving
- SOME PRODUCTS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND:
- Over The Range Microwave
- 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker
- Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
1 ) Prepare mac and cheese according to instructions on the box. While still warm, fold in ) cheeses until melted and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool slightly 10 minutes.
2 ) Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and moisten corners with drops of water. Add a heaping spoonful of mac and cheese. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal with a couple of drops of water. Repeat until no mac and cheese remains.
3 ) In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1″ up the side of the pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to cool slightly.
4 ) Serve with buffalo sauce, for dipping.