This German Chocolate cake is one of my favorite cakes. The frosting makes the cake. This is a great cake to serve to guests and family will love it, too. The original recipe came from an early seventies Progressive Farmer Southern Country Cookbook. I have made a few changes over the years.
- 1(4oz.) pkg.Baker’s German sweet chocolate
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4egg whites stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 c.cake flour
- 1tsp.baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Baking spray
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbl.spoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup Baker’s flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
1 ) Preheat oven to 350°
2 ) Melt chocolate in boiling water, cool. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, add egg yolks
beating well after each. Blend in vanilla and chocolate
3 ) Sift flour with soda and salt
4 ) Add dry mixture alternating with buttermilk mixing well with a spatula fold in beaten egg whites.
5 ) Spray cake pans with baking spray
6 ) Pour into 3 prepared cake pans
7 ) Bake for 35-40 mins.
- Kitchen Gadgets Reviews:
- Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
- Best air fryers To Buy
- Best Espresso Machines
- GoWISE Air Fryer How To Use And Review
1 ) Beat egg yolks, milk, sugar, and butter
2 ) Cook over medium heat for about 12 mins.
3 ) Stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; add coconut, pecans, and vanilla
4 ) Beat until cool and of spreading consistency.
5 ) Frost between layers, tops, and sides ENJOY!