This German Chocolate cake is one of my favorite cakes. The frosting makes the cake. This is a great cake to serve to guests and family will love it, too. The original recipe came from an early seventies Progressive Farmer Southern Country Cookbook. I have made a few changes over the years.
- 1(4oz.) pkg.Baker’s German sweet chocolate
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4egg whites stiffly beaten
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 c.cake flour
- 1tsp.baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Baking spray
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbl.spoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup Baker’s flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
Free Shipping on all Erommy Outdoor Orders!
Shop Best-Selling Erommy Hardtop Gazebos!
Shop Backyard Patio Heaters at Erommy Outdoors
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
PLEASE TO NEXT PAGE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!