This Christmas Baklava at its core is a strong sweet dessert. Done well, one to two bites will satiate you in one sitting, kind of like the area coffee. It’s truly delicious and worth every minute it takes to create. Made of layer upon layer of buttered phyllo filled with chopped nuts and dried fruit, served together with a special syrup that changes the texture of this pastry from flaky and crisp, to tender and soft!
- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:
- EASY SLOW COOKER MEATBALL STEW
- CREOLE WHITE BEANS SHRIMP AND SMOKED SAUSAGE
- THE BEST MEATBALL STEW EVER!
- COFFEE CRUNCH CAKE RECIPE
- 1/2 pound chopped pecans
- 1/2 pound chopped walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pound package of Phyllo dough
- 1-1/2 cups butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
Don’t want to go shopping? You can get Get FREE grocery delivery and more with a Prime membership! That means no fees! Order from your favorite stores and have them delivered to your door! This is the ONLY way I stay sane over here!
PLEASE GO TO NEXT PAGE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS!