These little spicy and sweet marinated chickpeas recipe is totally irresistible, and It’s great as meal or appetizer as well as salads or inside pitas. with feta and basil it’s spicy, garlicky and a little sweet, too, thanks to the roasted red peppers and a touch of honey. They strike an irresistible balance between the two.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- ⅔ cup chopped roasted red peppers (I used most of a 12-ounce jar)
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 medium cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (scale back significantly if sensitive to spice)
CLICK ON THE GREEN BUTTON BELOW TO SEE THE INSTRUCTIONS!