Irresistible Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe: A Sweet Symphony of Flavors
Indulge your taste buds in the delightful world of homemade chocolate-covered cherries with this exclusive recipe from the kitchen of Lorin Riggin. This timeless treat, perfect for any occasion, combines the richness of dark and semi-sweet chocolate with the sweetness of maraschino cherries, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving for more. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of 110 pieces of these delectable chocolate-covered cherries to share with your loved ones.
- 26 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 310 maraschino cherries, drained
- 3 jars (3 blocks each) of both dark and semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 block paraffin wax
- Need more easy recipes?:
- How To Make Magic Lemon Pie Easily
- Best air fryers To Buy
- Easy Chocolate MULTI Layer Cake
Prepare the Dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 26 cups of powdered sugar, 1 stick of softened butter, sweetened condensed milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Use your hands to work the ingredients into a dough, ensuring a smooth and well-mixed consistency.
Shape the Dough:
- Pinch off small pieces of the dough and flatten them in the palm of your hand.
- Place a drained maraschino cherry in the center of the flattened dough.
- Wrap the dough around the cherry, ensuring it is completely covered. Repeat this process until all cherries are covered in dough.
Melt the Chocolate:
- In a double boiler, melt both the dark and semi-sweet chocolate blocks along with the paraffin wax.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate and wax are completely melted, creating a smooth and glossy coating for the cherries.
Dip the Cherries:
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip each cherry into the melted chocolate mixture, ensuring it is fully coated.
- Allow any excess chocolate to drip off before placing the chocolate-covered cherry on wax paper to set.
Set and Serve:
- To speed up the setting process, place the dipped cherries in miniature cupcake papers.
- Allow the chocolate to fully set before transferring the cherries to a tin cake box or a box with a cover.
These chocolate-covered cherries can be stored in a cool place for up to a month or two, as long as they are kept covered to maintain their freshness.
The flavors tend to blend better over time, creating a more harmonious experience, especially as the juices inside the cherries meld with the surrounding chocolate.
Now that you have the secret recipe for Lorin Riggin’s Chocolate Covered Cherries, it’s time to unleash your culinary prowess and treat yourself and your loved ones to a heavenly dessert experience. Whether you’re preparing these sweet delights for a special occasion or just craving a bit of indulgence, these chocolate-covered cherries are bound to become a favorite in your household.
Share the joy of homemade treats and savor the rich combination of chocolate and cherries that make these candies a true delight for the senses. Enjoy!