This Magic Lemon Pie is so light, fluffy and beautiful. The filling is perfectly crusting, like it’s perfectly gelled and melts in your mouth. It the whole thing melts in your mouth, even the crust being so buttery it just falls apart.
Adding lemon juice to Eagle Brand creates a rich, creamy filling, without cooking, that is easy to make, delicious every time and never fails, even for first-time bakers.
- See also:
- Best air fryers To Buy
- Easy Chocolate MULTI Layer Cake
- How To Make Pecan Praline Cake
- How to Make A Delicious Italian Pasta Salad
- How To Make New Orleans Beignets
This may be one of the best things we’ve ever done, and we don’t even know if we’ve ever had a lemon meringue. I know confidently I’ve actually never had lemon this is similar to a lemon bar but much better. because, a lemon bar is like more set, and the magic lemon pie is light as air.
The way all three layers go together, You don’t even have to chew the crust it just disintegrates in Your mouth with the rest of the pie. We definitely recommend you to give this a try.
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind or 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 (8 or 9-inch) graham cracker or baked pie crust
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- MORE QUICK WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP AND ORZO
- HEARTY BEEF BARLEY SOUP
- EASY CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish
- EASY HEARTY INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP
- EASY TARTER TOT CASSEROLE
1 ) Preheat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon rind or extract and egg yolks; stir until mixture thickens.
2 ) Pour into chilled graham cracker crust or cooled pie crust.
In medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks form.
3 ) Gradually beat in sugar on medium speed, 1 tablespoon at a time; beat 4 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and stiff glossy peaks form.
4 ) Spread meringue over pie, carefully sealing to edge of crust to prevent meringue from shrinking.
5 ) Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
NOTE: If meringue start to brown too quickly, covering top loosely with foil after the first 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely, approximately 3 hours, on a wire rack before cutting and serving.
To cut baked meringue into serving pieces, use a knife dipped in cold water.The pie may be refrigerated up to one day, but this pie is best served the day it is made.