The Best Cake In The World. It’s crusty, sweet and easy to make. Words can’t really explain it!
- 10½ tablespoons (1 stick plus 21⁄2 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 12⁄ 3 cups granulated sugar, separated
- 11⁄ 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄ 3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- See also:
- Easy And Delicious Glazed Carrots Recipe
- Easy Dessert Recipe With Few Ingredients
- How to Make A gradient matcha mousse cake
- How To Make The Japanese Souffle Cheesecake
1 ) Preheat the oven to 350°F, with a rack in the middle position. Line an 8-x-12-inch baking pan with parchment paper. I recommend not using glass pans, use metal.
2 ) Beat the butter and 2⁄ 3 cup of the sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy, about 3 minutes.
3 ) Add the flour and baking powder and mix well on low speed.
4 ) Mix in the egg yolks and milk.
5 ) Scrape the batter into the baking pan.
6 ) In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites and the remaining 1 cup sugar to soft peaks. Spread on top of the cake layer. Sprinkle with the almond slices.
7 ) Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown and puffed. Cool on a wire rack in the pan. Transfer to a cutting board.
8 ) When the cake is cool, put the cream in a medium bowl and scrape in the vanilla seeds. Discard the vanilla pod. Beat to soft peaks with an electric mixer, about 3 minutes.
9 ) Cut the cake in half crosswise with a serrated knife. Place one half of the cake on a serving tray and cover with the cream. Place the other half, meringue side up, on top.
10 ) Let the cake sit for 1 hour in the fridge before serving. And that’s it, enjoy and have fun. 🙂
- OTHER HOW TO RECIPES FROM US:
- How To Make An ULTRA Fluffy Chocolate cake
- How to Cook Boneless And Skinless Chicken Breasts
- My Favorite Smooth And Easy Brownies Recipe