Oraimo SpacePods Review – A Budget-Friendly Contender with a Unique Twist
The Oraimo SpacePods have entered the arena, and if you’re familiar with Oraimo’s previous offerings, you might wonder if these are just a revamped version of the Free Pods. To a large extent, you’d be correct.
However, there are a few key differences, most notably the Burner Boy voice prompt, a result of Oraimo’s collaboration with the artist. They also claim that these earbuds were specially tuned by Burner himself. For those unfamiliar with the Free Pods 4, this review will delve into what sets the SpacePods apart.
- Related Content:
- Anker Prime Vs. Zmi No 20 QB826G Review: Which is better?
- Ancher 737 Power Bank PowerCore 24K: In-Depth Review
Design and Build
The case showcases a textured matte finish in a distinctive brown hue, emblazoned with the golden “Oraimo” insignia. The design exudes a space-age aesthetic, evoking a sense of cosmic exploration. Sliding the case open reveals the earbuds, also in brown, with “Burner Boy” elegantly etched in gold on the stem of each bud.
The touch control area, subtly distinguished by a different shade of brown, guides your tapping gestures. Additionally, “Oraimo” branding graces the side, while the back features indicators for left and right ears, as well as secure magnets that firmly hold the buds in place.
The sliding mechanism, while intriguing, contributes to the slightly bulkier form factor compared to conventional rectangular cases. Surprisingly, it accommodates the use of a carrying case, a convenience for those on the move. It’s worth noting that the case boasts an IPX5 rating, offering protection against light water exposure. However, caution is advised to prevent dust or sand from impairing the smooth operation of the sliding mechanism.
- Blackview MP80 Mini PC Review
- Best Google Pixel 8 Pro Accessories | Elevate Your Pixel Experience
Connectivity and App Integration
Pairing the SpacePods with your device is a breeze, thanks to the Google popup connecting feature for Android users. Even with Bluetooth disabled, the SpacePods will appear on your phone as long as it’s connected to the internet. If the popup doesn’t appear, manual connection via Bluetooth is also an option.
The Oraimo Sound app, available on both the Play Store and App Store, provides detailed battery information for both the earbuds and the case. Moreover, it grants control over noise cancellation modes, adding a layer of customization to your audio experience.
Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode
The SpacePods deliver on their promise of active noise cancellation, though it’s not earth-shattering. While effective in muffling ambient noise, it doesn’t entirely isolate you from your surroundings. A snug fit, aided by the additional ear tips included, enhances the noise cancellation experience.
Transparency mode offers a decent balance, allowing you to remain aware of your environment without compromising too much on audio quality, especially considering the budget-friendly price point.
For the average consumer seeking reliable audio quality, the SpacePods deliver. They offer respectable volume levels and punchy bass, catering to a wide range of musical preferences. The Oraimo Sound app extends the customization options, allowing users to fine-tune their listening experience with preset equalizers or personalized settings. However, at higher volumes, sound leakage is noticeable, which may be a consideration for those in shared spaces.
Phone calls with the SpacePods are clear and intelligible, with effective background noise suppression. The built-in microphones ensure that your voice comes through crisply, facilitating smooth communication.
Oraimo claims a commendable battery life of up to 7 hours with ANC on, and approximately 7.5 hours with it off. However, real-world usage might see these figures slightly lower, especially with prolonged high-volume listening. The case provides an additional 27 hours of charge, offering substantial longevity for extended listening sessions.
- Unique Collaboration: The partnership with Burner Boy sets the Oraimo SpacePods apart, promising a distinctive auditory experience tuned by the artist himself.
- Stylish Aesthetic: The space-age design, with its brown textured matte finish and gold accents, exudes a futuristic vibe that sets it apart from conventional earbuds.
- Easy Connectivity: The Google popup connecting feature streamlines the pairing process for Android users, while manual Bluetooth connection ensures compatibility with other devices.
- Customizable Sound Experience: The Oraimo Sound app grants users control over noise cancellation modes and equalizer settings, allowing for a tailored audio experience.
- Respectable Noise Cancellation: While not groundbreaking, the active noise cancellation effectively reduces ambient noise, providing a more immersive listening experience.
- Transparent Mode: This mode strikes a balance between audio quality and environmental awareness, making it suitable for situations where staying attuned to surroundings is crucial.
- Decent Sound Quality: The SpacePods deliver well-rounded audio, with notable bass and volume levels that cater to the preferences of most consumers.
- Clear Microphone Quality: The built-in microphones ensure clear and articulate phone calls, complemented by effective background noise suppression.
- Satisfactory Battery Life: The earbuds offer up to 7 hours of playback with ANC on, and the case provides an additional 27 hours, ensuring ample listening time for daily use.
- Bulkier Design: The spaceship-inspired case, while visually appealing, may be slightly bulkier compared to more compact rectangular cases, potentially posing a fitting issue for smaller pockets.
- Potential for Dirt Accumulation: The sliding mechanism of the case could potentially allow dust or dirt to enter, affecting its smooth operation over time.
- Sound Leakage at Higher Volumes: At elevated volume levels, there’s noticeable sound leakage, which may be a consideration for those using the earbuds in shared spaces.
Reasons to Buy:
- Burner Boy Collaboration: If you’re a fan of Burner Boy or value artist-tuned audio experiences, the SpacePods offer a unique opportunity to enjoy music the way the artist intended.
- Stylish Design: The distinctive aesthetic of the SpacePods, with its space-age elements, makes them an attractive choice for those seeking both functionality and style.
- Customizable Audio Experience: The Oraimo Sound app provides a level of control over your audio experience that is not often found in earbuds within this price range, allowing you to fine-tune your sound preferences.
- Budget-Friendly: Considering the features and quality offered, the SpacePods present a compelling option for those seeking reliable wireless earbuds without breaking the bank.
- Decent Noise Cancellation: While not industry-leading, the active noise cancellation feature is effective enough for most everyday situations, providing a more immersive listening experience.
- Clear Microphone Quality: The SpacePods’ microphone quality ensures clear and intelligible phone calls, making them a practical choice for communication on the go.
The Oraimo SpacePods present a compelling option for budget-conscious consumers seeking a solid wireless earbud experience. Despite some minor concerns regarding bulkiness and potential dirt accumulation, they excel in terms of design, functionality, and sound quality.
The collaboration with Burner Boy adds a unique touch to these earbuds, making them stand out in the crowded market. With an affordable price point and the promise of quality, the Oraimo SpacePods earn their place as a worthy contender in the wireless earbud landscape.