Realme GT5 Pro Review – Premium Design, Flagship Performance, and Versatile Camera Upgrades
Realme has managed to carve a niche for itself, offering budget-friendly devices with impressive features. The Realme GT5 Pro marks a significant departure from the brand’s previous offerings, showcasing a newfound commitment to premium design and cutting-edge performance.
Having spent a week exploring the device, it’s clear that Realme is making strides in redefining its brand positioning. From the sleek packaging to the powerful internals, the GT5 Pro promises a compelling experience. In this comprehensive review, we’ll delve into the design, performance, camera capabilities, and software features of the Realme GT5 Pro to uncover the extent of its transformation.
- Read also:
- Redmi K70 vs. Redmi K70 Pro: Should You Go For The Pro Version?
- Vivo X100 Pro Review
- IQOO 12 Review
Design and Unboxing Experience:
The Realme GT5 Pro arrives in a sleek black box adorned with champagne-colored decorative lines, exuding an air of sophistication. Upon opening the box, users are greeted with a well-organized ensemble featuring the phone, a 100W power adapter, a charging cable, and a case. The case, sporting a leather-like texture on the back with decorative lines around the lens module, adds a touch of luxury.
The design of the phone has undergone a notable transformation, veering towards mainstream aesthetics. The unit under review, in a white leather version aptly named the “Bright Moon” in Chinese, showcases a refined color palette. The subdued beige tone of the back cover and the tactile feel of the leather contribute to a premium look and feel.
Unlike its predecessor, the Realme GT5 Pro opts for a restrained design on the back, featuring only the lens module and the metal logo. The circular lens module, with a radi pattern on the interior, stands out as a design highlight.
Realme’s asymmetrical logo has sparked debates on aesthetics, but it adds a unique touch to the overall design. The front of the device boasts a macro curved screen with impressively narrow bezels, enhancing the visual appeal. The metal frame adds to the device’s perceived thinness, making it comfortable to hold.
- Redmi Watch 4 Review: Affordable Elegance with Top-notch Features
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Review: A Reliable Business Workhorse
- Garmin Venue 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Watch 6
Display and Build Quality:
The Realme GT5 Pro sports a customized 6.78-inch BOE screen that delivers excellent display effects. The screen supports a maximum peak brightness of 4,500 nits, although the practical maximum is 1,600 nits.
Realme’s attention to detail is evident in the adaptive brightness technology, switching between PW Deming at low brightness and DC-like Deming at medium to high brightness. The display is not only vibrant but also offers users the flexibility to customize brightness according to their preferences.
Under the hood, the Realme GT5 Pro is equipped with the latest hardware, featuring a USB 3.2 for rapid data transfer and an impressive single large file write test speed of approximately 5Gbps. Powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 and paired with LPDDR5X and UFS 4.0, the device demonstrates robust performance in Geekbench 5. The single-core performance stands out among its competitors, showcasing Realme’s commitment to delivering a flagship experience.
In gaming tests, the Realme GT5 Pro continues to impress with minimal frame rate fluctuations, ensuring a smooth gaming experience. What’s even more remarkable is the device’s temperature control, with a surface temperature of only 45°C after a 20-minute gaming session. Realme has indeed raised the bar in terms of thermal management.
The camera system of the Realme GT5 Pro has undergone a significant upgrade, with the standout feature being the inclusion of a periscope telephoto lens. With a native focal length of 2.7x and support for macro shooting, the telephoto lens adds versatility to the camera setup.
The telephoto lens, coupled with OIS, delivers stable images even in low-light conditions. The 1/1.56-inch sensor further enhances image quality, making the Realme GT5 Pro a reliable companion for photography enthusiasts.
Video recording capabilities are equally impressive, supporting 4K at 60 FPS and 8K at 24 FPS. The device also boasts Doby Vision HDR video support at 4K 30 FPS with the telephoto lens. This comprehensive video recording feature set is a testament to Realme’s commitment to providing a well-rounded camera experience.
- Read also:
- How to Set Up Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 with an Android Phone
- Fitbit Inspire 3 vs. Fitbit Luxe vs. Fitbit Charge 5: Pros And Cons, And Distinctions
Battery Life and Charging:
The Realme GT5 Pro houses a robust 5,400mAh battery, ensuring prolonged usage without compromising on performance. On the charging front, the device supports 100W SuperDart charging, capable of filling the battery to capacity in approximately 30 minutes.
The inclusion of wireless fast charging up to 50W adds convenience for users who prefer a cable-free charging experience. Realme has effectively balanced battery performance and charging speed, catering to the needs of users who demand both endurance and quick top-ups.
Software and User Interface:
The Realme GT5 Pro runs on Realme UI 5 based on Android 14, offering a seamless and intuitive user experience. Noteworthy features include the manual setting of app refresh rates, allowing users to enjoy high refresh rates.
The exclusive game memory feature prevents background apps from being killed during gaming sessions, a thoughtful addition for gamers. Realme has demonstrated a keen understanding of user preferences, delivering a UI that strikes a balance between aesthetics and functionality.
- Premium Design Makeover: The Realme GT5 Pro boasts a sleek and premium design, a departure from the brand’s previous offerings, showcasing a commitment to elevated aesthetics.
- Impressive Camera System: The addition of a periscope telephoto lens with a 2.7x native focal length and macro shooting capabilities enhances the versatility of the camera system. Stable image capture in low-light conditions, thanks to Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and a large 1/1.56-inch sensor.
- High-Performance Hardware: Utilizes USB 3.2 for rapid data transfer, showcasing the device’s commitment to high-speed connectivity. Powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 with LPDDR5X and UFS 4.0, ensuring top-notch performance in both daily use and gaming.
- Exceptional Display Quality: The customized 6.78-inch BOE screen offers excellent display effects, with a maximum peak brightness of 4,500 nits in a small area, providing vibrant visuals. Adaptive brightness technology catering to different lighting conditions.
- Effective Temperature Control: Impressive thermal management, with a surface temperature of only 45°C after a 20-minute gaming session, ensuring sustained performance without discomfort.
- Fast Charging Capabilities: Supports 100W SuperDart charging, filling the 5,400mAh battery in approximately 30 minutes. Added convenience with wireless fast charging up to 50W, providing flexibility to users with varying charging preferences.
- Asymmetrical Logo Design: Some users may find the asymmetrical Realme logo design on the back to be an acquired taste, leading to divided opinions on aesthetics.
- Narrow Screen Bezels: While the narrow screen bezels contribute to an impressive front design, individuals who prefer a straight screen may find the curved edges less appealing.
- Subjective Color Preferences: The choice of colors, such as the white leather version named “Bright Moon,” may not be universally liked, as color preferences are subjective.
- Shop On Amazon Using Our Links To Support Us:
- Amazon under $25 – Amazon best sellers – Amazon’s most gifted
Reasons to Buy:
- Flagship-Level Performance: The Realme GT5 Pro competes with flagship devices, offering top-tier performance, making it an ideal choice for users who demand powerful hardware without the premium price tag.
- Versatile Camera Capabilities: The periscope telephoto lens and macro shooting capabilities enhance the camera’s versatility, making it a compelling option for photography enthusiasts and users who prioritize a comprehensive camera system.
- Sleek and Premium Design: The premium design of the Realme GT5 Pro, coupled with the refined color options, makes it an attractive choice for users who value aesthetics and want a device that stands out.
- Fast Charging and Battery Performance: With 100W SuperDart charging and wireless fast charging, coupled with a sizable 5,400mAh battery, the Realme GT5 Pro caters to users who prioritize quick charging and extended battery life.
- Impressive Display Quality: The customized 6.78-inch BOE screen with high peak brightness and adaptive brightness technology ensures a visually appealing and customizable display, making it a suitable choice for users who value a superior viewing experience.
- Read also:
- Redmi K70 Pro First Impression: A Comprehensive Review
- How to Set Up Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 with an Android Phone
The Realme GT5 Pro marks a significant evolution in Realme’s smartphone lineup. With a refined design, powerful performance, and an upgraded camera system, it competes with flagship devices from established players in the market. The periscope telephoto lens, impressive display, and thoughtful software features showcase Realme’s commitment to delivering a holistic user experience.
Despite the asymmetrical design choices that may divide opinions, the Realme GT5 Pro is undeniably a flexship product, offering a blend of style and substance. Realme has successfully redefined its brand positioning, positioning itself as a serious contender in the competitive smartphone landscape. If you’re in the market for a feature-packed device that doesn’t break the bank, the Realme GT5 Pro deserves a spot on your shortlist.