This Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cake with cream cheese glaze is something I would eat any time of the year. It combines all of the amazing flavors that any cake lover would love to have in his bite!!!
- MORE QUICK WEEKNIGHT DINNERS
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE SOUP AND ORZO
- HEARTY BEEF BARLEY SOUP
- EASY CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish
- EASY HEARTY INSTANT POT LASAGNA SOUP
- EASY TARTER TOT CASSEROLE
- 12 tablespoons of butter, plus 2 tablespoons (for pan)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon (for pan)
- 1 and a half teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 and a half cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of evaporated milk
- 1 and a half teaspoon vanilla
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
VANILLA BUTTERMILK POUND CAKE INSTRUCTIONS:
1 ) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 ) Mix together butter and sugar for 8 minutes in a mixer.
3 ) In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4 ) In a glass measuring cup, pour in buttermilk.
5 ) Stir in the vanilla and eggs into the buttermilk.
6 ) Turn mixer on low. Start slowly pouring (separately) in the wet and dry ingredients into the butter and sugar.
7 ) Turn off mixer and scrape down the sides.
YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THIS AMAZING BREAKFAST OR DINNER SOLVING JAPANESE PANCAKES!
8 ) Turn mixer on one more time– on low, just long enough to make sure all the ingredients are all mingling together, but do not over mix.
9 ) Butter your loaf pan with about 2 tablespoons of butter.
10 ) Add 1 tablespoon of flour to “dust” the butter in the loaf pan.
11 ) Dump out any excess flour.
12 ) Pour all of the batter into the pan, spread evenly, and bake for 60 minutes.
13 ) Test the cake with a toothpick before pulling out. (A few crumbs on it is perfect!)
Cream Cheese Glaze:
1 ) Add 1 and a half teaspoons of vanilla into a ¼ cup of evaporated milk. Set aside.
2 ) Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer.
3 ) While mixing, slowly pour in the milk and vanilla into the cream cheese mixture. The consistency should be thin, but creamy.
4 ) Drizzle onto cake