Slow Cooker Pesto Mozzarella Chicken Pasta: Chicken breasts made in the slow cooker with pesto and butter then made into a cheesy pasta casserole with mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE AS WELL:
- Raw Apple Cider Vinaigrette Recipe
- Paula Deen’s Banana Pudding Recipe
- HOW TO MAKE MILLIONAIRE FUDGE FROM SCRATCH!
- EASY SLOW COOKER GUMBO
Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
- 1½ lbs. chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup jarred pesto I used Mezzetta
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ lemon
These items don’t get added until the end
- 1 lb. rotini cooked and drained
- ½ cup parmesan
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¼ tsp. dried basil to garnish
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
- Easy Mason Jar Ice Cream Recipe
- CROCKPOT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE
- Easy, Delicious Italian Style Braised Beef
1 ) Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Spread over the pesto, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken. Cut the butter into slices and lay over the chicken.
2 ) Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
3 ) Near the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain well.
4 ) Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add the cooked pasta and the parmesan cheese, stir everything until the pasta is coated with the buttery pesto sauce and the chicken is evenly dispersed throughout the pasta. Add the mozzarella cheese over the pasta. Cover for about 15 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5 ) Serve and enjoy!
Notes: Nutritional Values are approximate, please use your own calculations if you require a special diet. Values below are for 1/8 of the recipe.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 1.1mg