Slow Cooker Jambalaya with andouille sausage, chicken and shrimp cooked low and slow with bold spices and vegetables with just 10 minutes of prep.
So, many people may get confused between Gumbo and Jambalaya, but Gumbo normally contains a roux which is cooked to a deeply flavored brown stage and contains more liquids like a stew with vegetables like okra as well as the trinity of bell peppers, celery and onions. Jambalaya is a traditional rice dish made in one pot with more meat than vegetables.
- Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Four Layer Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
- 1 pound andouille sausage links sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 28 ounces
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound shrimp 13-15 count
- PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND:
- => All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- => AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- => Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
1 ) Add all the ingredients except the shrimp into the slow cooker and stir.
2 ) Cook on low for 7-8 hours (high for 3-4 hours), in the last 15 minutes add in the shrimp.
Serve over rice.
What to serve with Slow Cooker Jambalaya:
The classic side dish to Jambalaya is steamed rice, but you can also serve it over some black eyed peas for an amazing and easy meal. On the side you can also add some Homemade Cornbread or baguettes.