- SEE ALSO:
- How To Make Pecan Praline Cake
- How to Cook Any Steak Perfectly
- How to Cook Boneless And Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 ) So, like most other pancakes, the Japanese pancake recipe starts with buttermilk and eggs yellow.
2 ) Add a little bit of lemon. It’s optional but highly recommend you to add it. Because it’ll give some extra flavor to your pancake.
3 ) And add some melted butter to give these wet ingredients a good mix. So, they’re combined.
4 ) And then add the dry ingredients mix, but do not over mix them. Otherwise, your pancake will be very tough. And obviously that’s not how you would like pancake to be.
5 ) Put the whole mixture aside. And take another bowl and add 3 large egg whites in, and add some lemon juice you can add some cream of tartar if you prefer as well.
- Here are a few products that I LOVE TO RECOMMEND YOU:
- >>Staub Cast Iron Skillet
- >>Utopia Kitchen Cooking Knives
- >>20pc Stainless Steel BBQ Grill Tool Set
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft.
6 ) Whip these up, and slowly keep incorporating the sugar. This is what will give your pancake that big rise, and make it really fluffy, and give it that classic jiggle you want.
7 ) Keep betting the egg’s white, until they reach stiff peaks. And then fold these into the pancake batter.
8 ) Mix about 2 to 3 tablespoons at first just to line the mixture, so it’ll be easier to fold in the rest of the egg whites.
9 ) Once you add the rest of the egg whites, gently fold them in, and be careful to not deflate them. Your pancake batter should be very light, airy, but at the same time it needs to keep its shape.
10 ) Now, you need to pre-heat your pan, and I highly recommend you to use a nonstick pan. Don’t have one…? Here are our recommended pans, if you want to invest a few bucks on it.
- ==> All-Clad Hard Anodized Nonstick Fry Pan
- ==> AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned
- ==> Aluminum Nonstick Frying Pan
11 ) Now, you use a ring to get a perfectly rounded Japanese pancake, or just put the ice cream scoop directly onto the pan. Then go ahead and cook these for about three minutes on each side. Make sure that the inside is fully cooked through, and serve with honey or what you like!