- 8 hot dog buns
- 4 tablespoons
- butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 15 oz chili, with or without beans
- 8 hot dogs
- More Recipes:
- The Best Peaches and Cream Pie
- Rasta Pasta With Spicy Jerk Chicken
- How To Make Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
- Some Recommended Products:
- <<<48 Inch Gas Range 6 Burners Cooktop 6.7 cu.ft Oven
- <<<Professional Series Built-In All Refrigerator
- <<<Mini Refrigerator, 2-Door 3.4 cu. ft. Small Compact Under Counter
1 ) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2 ) Leaving them attached, place the 8 hot dog buns in a 9 x 13-inch (22 x 33-cm) baking dish.
3 ) Cut a rectangle in each hot dog bun, making sure to stay 1 centimeter from the edges. Push down on the bread cut-out to compact it tightly into the bottom of each bun, making sure to press down on the bottom edges as well.
4 ) This will help create a larger space for the fillings and reduce mess.
Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and their hollowed insides with the garlic butter.
5 ) Bake for 5 minutes to toast the buns as well as help the sides of the buns firm up so they don’t collapse under the weight of the fillings.
6 ) Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one. Slide a hot dog snugly on top of the chili in each bun, then top with more chili.
7 ) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and the chili has started to brown.
8 ) Top with fresh parsley, then slice the hot dog boats along their connected seams to serve.