Join Our Email List For The Latest Updates!
No Spam Guaranteed
Baking Options For This Country Apple Fritter Bread:
- Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe (2 8×4 pans)
- 15-20 minutes for muffins
- 50 -60 minutes for one full loaf recipe (9×5 pan)
Optional: You can add in walnuts. You can always use other fruit, or you could add in chocolate chips too!
Depending on thickness of glaze wanted, you can go for thick or thin. For a more apple fritter style like the apple fritter donut, use 3 tablespoons milk for a thinner glaze that you can pour and drench over the whole loaf and then make another batch again, using 1 tablespoon milk and then drizzle on top of the first glaze.
- Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Bread Loaf:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk room temp
Chopped Apple Mixture: 2 large apples any kind, peeled and chopped small, but not fine. Then toss apples with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon just before adding it to the bread mixture.
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze: 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted. For more apple fritter style like the apple fritter donut- use more milk for a thinner glaze that you can pour over the whole loaf.
Country Apple Fritter Bread Simple Direction:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing. Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Combine & whisk 1 & 1/2 cups flour and 1 & 3/4 teaspoons baking powder together in another bowl and set aside. In another medium-sized bowl, beat 2/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
3) Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time until blended in; add in 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract and mix in. Add the flour mixture into creamed butter mixture and mix until blended. Mix 1/2 cup milk into batter and continue mixing until smooth.
- Best Microwaves For Your Kitchen
- Best air fryers To Buy
- What Is Eau de toilette vs Eau de parfum And Eau de Cologne?
4) Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture with the sugar and cinnamon added in. Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer.
5) Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
6) Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
How to make the glaze:
1) To make glaze, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 to 3 tablespoons milk or cream together until well mixed. (Place mixture in microwave for 10 seconds to get it pourable if it needs a boost.)
2) Let loaf rest in pan for about 15 minutes before removing from pan to let cool off completely on a cooling rack. Drizzle with glaze.
substitute with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup milk of choice and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda instead of 1/2 cup milk as called out in the bread loaf ingredients.
Vegan: Use flax eggs, earth balance and almond milk.
TIPS: If you want more glaze, make a double batch. 🙂